I've always known that a job in the games industry is something I've wanted, but it was a bit of a secret desire, like wanting to grow up and become Superman. The fact is, while I may have to accept that I will never be shot from Krypton to Earth in a meteorite, securing a position in the gaming industry is completely doable.
I've played MMOs since WoW's closed beta, and immediately fell in love with the genre itself. I feel that this is the next step in gaming evolution, and I want to be a part of driving the genre forward. In any gaming situation, I strive to understand a game instead of just play it. What makes some games fun, or how a certain aspect could be tweaked to take it to the next level. I've tanked, healed, and DPSed my way through so many dungeons, encounters, and quests; whether leading a raid itself over vent, soloing, or just functioning as a smaller cog in a larger machine, that I feel that I have an understanding of the 'core' of what MMOs are (and what they're becoming). I want to take that knowledge and give back to the genre that has been a part of my life for these past years. That this would also land me an employment position in the games industry is icing on the cake.
A straightforward résumé with basic facts is located here. I've compiled various samples of my writing as well (MMO reviews, in depth explorations of MMO mechanics, and creative writing exercises) with links to be found on the right. Lastly, a short narrative on my last three jobs, and what has lead me to the 'here and now' can be found here.
Thanks for taking a look, and I hope to be hearing from you soon! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have for me.
Thanks,
Richard Ericksen
rericksen@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look, and I hope to be hearing from you soon! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have for me.
Thanks,
Richard Ericksen
rericksen@gmail.com